Thursday, March 11, 2010

work: INSPIRATION

Old stuff...breeding new POWER.




THUNDER (the Gemini)

I see your hand reaching for my thunder.
Exhausted thieves spend lifetimes dodging guilty rain clouds.
Your smile does nothing to mask your crime.
I cracked your eggshell façade and spoke all the words you hate.
Honesty love faithfulness
Your eyelids wrinkle as you continue to reach.
Still present, yet in the dark, seeing only the red beneath your lids.
I don’t stop you, and cowardly claim “reasons”.
This glory will not comfort my thankless hard work.
You have taught me to find new ways to brew a storm.
Clutch my knuckles without touching my fingertips,
While making me feel good about myself by doing what I say.
Threaten my thunder to thoroughly defeat you.
Force me to rumble to discover my enemy.

outLOOKout!

My head slips deeper into my sweater’s neck.
The familiar turtle.
I’m willing to part with my shell.
Not now, she says.
Bumps raise on my skin’s first layer.
All is quiet in this corner.
Sight beyond is hollow and unnecessary.
It’s my turn with my mind’s game.
My thought’s current tactics are patient with my recollection.
Right now.
Nothing even matters, they said.
Right now.
I interrupt myself and change channels.
Returning to my regularly scheduled programming.
Smiling like I mean it and unbraiding my hair.
If only I could slow down and return your gesture.
But I can’t recall my last move.
I revert to an old remedy.
The shell surrounds me--
Guarded from penetration and winning the game.
The spotlight is bright and the prize extravagant.
You pawn me off with the king’s jewels.
I jump, swinging my leg over your head
And wrap ribbons around the maypole.
Shouting secrets over the uneven grass,
And mouthing fantasies across subway seats.
Doe eyed deliverance!
And posture maintained; I'm a decent bluff.
My stop approaches, and the doors open.
The game is forfeited, and I lose my turn.

1 comment:

nike Max said...

La Nike Air Blazer chaussures sont dabord publiees par Nike en 1973,et cest un favori de beaucoup en raison de leur confort,de design et de la lumiere weight. Nike Air Blazer venir hauts et des bas et sont offerts dans une variete de coloris interessants,il a ete produits en cuir,suede et canvans.La Nike Air Blazer offerts plusieurs fonctionnalites destinees ameliorer la performance des chaussures de basket-ball pour le jeu: en cuir grain fin,semelle qui offrait une plus grande traction,un soutien supplementaire,moins de poids.Le premier Nike Air Blazer est un pionnier de chaussures avec un tel grand Swoosh,tout le monde alors vraiment pu le voir.Il a pris son nom de la Portland Trail Blazers,comme chaussures Nike Hoop premiere fois,il se montra digne de son name.Want connaitre plus de details,sil vous plait voir notre image!