Saturday, February 16, 2008

murmurings from Napolean's tomb

I will admit that I spend a lot of time laboring over the skewed view some of my friends and compatriots have of me.

I am sure that I am not alone within my worries.

Proving myself by squeaking out personal diatribes and standing on my tippy toes is exhausting and thankless. After all, people are going to think WHATEVER they want. Since assumptions are usually based on two words that I mentioned in an earlier post (face value) then, what do you see when you see me?

The short brown skinned girl with the afro and plump babyface.

Did you get that I am, EDUCATED LAYERED INTUITIVE and FORGIVING?

Absolutely not.

It pains me to even imagine what an onlooker may have dredged up at first glance. Most of us feel slighted upon introductions, however some of us do strive to fit the mold.

The key is obvious. We really shouldn't give a shit.

A recent personal discovery is that I want to change the way that people think.

Re-build the wheel? Fashion an atom? Fit a circle into a square peg?



Making something out of nothing is certainly the way I live my life, so just give me some time.

No comments: