Tuesday, September 22, 2009

the september issue the september issue the september issue



My friend, author and professor, Sadia Shepard produced The September Issue, a documentary on Anna Wintour and the making of Vogue magazine.

I saw it at Sunshine last night, and really thought it was fantastic. Being a believer in unique personal aesthetic, I have always been willing to respect fashion and couture in a high, yet attainable regard. Therefore, it's truly a treat to see a slice of the inner workings.

Un plus....Anna Wintour exemplifies successful delegation and rapid fire decision making. I came away having learned more about the process of a generous and intrepid emblem--it should be okay to crack that unapologetic whip when there is a greater objective in focus. Even if it's regarding handbags and riding boots....

Time to renew my subscription.


This year's September Issue. The 2007 issue referred in the film's title has Sienna Miller as a cover girl.

No comments: