Friday, January 25, 2008

Need a director?





Green is my favorite color. This has been official since a 1st grade friend ridiculed my crayon choice by unoriginally stating that,

"Girls are supposed to like pink, not green. That's for boys."

I spent the recent MLK weekend rehearsing upstate with the 52nd St. Project. It was 3 solid days of hard work, back roads, gas leaks, and knothole toast. At the end of each day, our group would commune in a large home with books in every room, warm food smells, and echoing rafters--allowing the structure that will house my brood to become more vivid in my mind.

My weekend with the Two On Twos challenged my mind and body, requiring more than caffeine as fuel for 13 hours daily of passion and creativity. I had to dig deep for nuance and trust every choice. My usual endurance/mojo/belief in my subtle art was a bit weathered, however my smile never faded.

I love directing. I forget this until I'm standing on top of tables begging my actors for faith and breakthroughs...ah.


SCANDALOUS! Plays That Tell All, The 2008 Two- on-Two's.
Come and enjoy 6 new plays written by 6 adults, directed by 6 other adults, and acted by 12 kids.

WHEN:
Friday, Feb. 1 at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 2 at 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 3 at 3:00 p.m.

WHERE:
TBG Theater
312 West 36th Street, 3rd Floor
Between 8th and 9th Avenues

Admission:Free

Reservations are a must; call 212/642-5052

No comments: